Safety Graphics Policy
- Information collected by Safety Graphics will be stored by Safety Graphics. Safety Graphics is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by SAFETY GRAPHIC will be dealt with.
- When Safety Graphics May Collect Information
- Any information requested or collected by Safety Graphics, will be directly necessary for a function or activity carried out by Safety Graphics and for a lawful purpose. Individuals and organisations have the option of not identifying themselves when communicating with Safety Graphics, providing this is practicable.
- Safety Graphics will, where reasonable and practicable, only collect information about an individual or an organisation directly from that individual or organisation.
- Safety Graphics will ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual or organisation.
- How Safety Graphics will Use Information
Safety Graphic will not use or disclose information:
- without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading;
- for a purpose, other than that for which it was collected without consent unless the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person; or
- which relates to an individual’s ethnic or racial origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; health or sexual activities.
Right of Access and Corrections to Information
- At the request of an individual or organisation, Safety Graphics will confirm whether it holds any information about that party and if so, the nature of the information, the purpose for which is held, and allow the individual or organisation access to the information.
- If an individual or organisation notifies SAFETY GRAPHIC that information held about that party is incorrect, Safety Graphics will make appropriate amendments at the individual/organisation’s request.
Storage, Security and Disposal of Information
- Safety Graphics will take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of information held by it. Safety Graphics will also ensure that information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.