Workplace Health & Safety – Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU)
What is the meaning of “person conducting a business or undertaking” (PCBU)?
In the Model Work Health and Safety Bill (amended March 2016), Safe Work Australia describes a PCBU as:
- For the purposes of this Act, a person conducts a business or undertaking:
- (a) whether the person conducts the business or undertaking alone or with others; and
- (b) whether or not the business or undertaking is conducted for profit or gain.
- A business or undertaking conducted by a person includes a business or undertaking conducted by a partnership or an unincorporated association.
- If a business or undertaking is conducted by a partnership (other than an incorporated partnership), a reference in this Act to a person conducting the business or undertaking is to be read as a reference to each partner in the partnership.
At Safety Graphics it is our job to know and inform you of ways to maintain the work environment and all occupants accordingly in compliance with codes. Advising for individualised fire safety plans for your building and identifying hazards and how to address them. The regulations of emergency preparedness also include provisions such as emergency evacuation diagrams (EED) in specific areas to ensure compliance with AS3745:2010 and relevant national and state/territory regulations.
At Safety Graphics we value your individual needs and believe as business owners you want to protect the safety of your workers, visitors and tenants, as you would for your own home. It is not just legally required, but your duty to adequately maintain your business in the best interest of your workforce, customers and yourself.
Safety Graphics are readily available to assist you with emergency planning and evacuation diagrams.